General news and announcements

apple for the teacher?
Job vacancies in gardening/horticulture
by Janet Prescott - Thursday, 29 September 2016, 1:34 PM

This is a little unusual for us, but I've been contacted recently by two companies looking for staff who are studying for RHS qualifications and thought I should pass them on. 

One is a lady called Sunday Carrigan from Graceful Gardens who is looking for 'reliable, honest lady gardeners to join our team' doing some seasonal gardening work around Wallingford in Oxfordshire.  her email is sundaycarrigan@gmail.com, website www.gracefulgardens.vpweb.co.uk

Apologies to any reliable honest gentleman gardeners in the area - I didn't write the notice!

The other is a more general enquiry for a company based in Matlock and covering Birmingham through the North West of England. THey are called Uran Planters and do interior planting as well as grounds work.  There are two specific posts on their website www.urbanplanters.co.uk but they seem interesting in talking to anyone who is taking RHS training.

I can't tell you anything more about them, other than they both have the sense to look for people who are motivated to study and taking RHS courses.