Jobs and career opportunities

workbootsRecently we've been asked by a number of current and former students if we can pass on information about jobs they are offering, because it's hard to recruit people with any horticultural knowledge and you are the people dedicating your time to RHS qualifications....

At BEST we are happy to do this - but you must make your own judgement about what is on offer: we don't have knowledge of any potential employer, we're just hoping to  offer a service by transmitting the information.

apple for the teacher?
London and Richmond - floristry?
by Janet Prescott - Monday, 15 May 2017, 8:32 PM

I don't know how many of you are also florists, but one of our former students works for Petersham Nurseries in Richmond and tells me there may be a  horticultural vacancy at the Richmond site soon - but they are also launching a Central London branch which is looking for trained florists.

I've attached the details of the floristry jobs - if you would like to know more about the potential nursery vacancy, please  contact  avril.ingram@petershamnurseries.com.

apple for the teacher?
National Trust vacancies at Hidcote
by Janet Prescott - Monday, 1 May 2017, 1:46 PM

Liberty Smith, one of our Level 3 Blended learners,  has suggested that some of you may be interested in two National Trust gardening vacancies at Hidcote in Gloucestershire.

All applications have to be made online - information is at

https://careers.nationaltrust.org.uk/OA_HTML/a/#/vacancy-detail/50729

apple for the teacher?
GRACEFUL GARDENS DESIGN
by Janet Prescott - Monday, 24 April 2017, 11:54 PM

GRACEFUL GARDENS DESIGN, based in Wallingford is looking for seasonal gardeners to help with all aspects of garden maintenance. Must be able to drive, enjoy working outdoors, part of a team, be punctual and trustworthy.
Wallingford and surrounding villages covered. Start ASAP.
Please contact Sunday Carrigan on 07814691040 or email sundaycarrigan@gmail.com

apple for the teacher?
JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SWINDON
by Janet Prescott - Sunday, 9 April 2017, 9:20 AM

Johnson Gardening Services Ltd are looking to recruit more gardeners to their team in Swindon. If you’re interested, please forward your CV with covering letter to janet@johnsongardening.co.uk. Further information can be found on their website www.johnsongardening.co.uk/recruitment